Covid-19 Policies for 2021:
- Refunds will be offered if we must cancel camps due to Covid-19. Refunds will be offered for campers who cannot attend camp due to Covid-19
- Campers will be kept in "cohorts" during camp (small groups that stay together for activities; for overnight camps, a cohort will consist of those within the
cabin). This will help us mitigate sickness and provide contact tracing. It is very important to let us know if your camper wants to be with another camper this year. We cannot change cohort
assignments on the first day of camp. Please contact the FBA office if you did not include this information on the registration form.
- Overnight campers will not be allowed to return to camp if they must leave, for example: sickness, baseball games, appointments, etc.
- Complete Covid-19 camper policies will be emailed in May to registered campers.
Flexibility Means Choices for Parents
- Overlapping Age Groups
- Children who have just completed 2nd grade can attend Friendship Day Camp or Velocity Boys/Blaze Girls Camp. We understand some children are not ready for overnight camp yet and would
benefit the most from a day camp experience. We do have some children in this age group attend both Friendship Day Camp and Velocity Boys Camp or Blaze Girls Camp.
- Children who have just completed the 6th grade can attend Momentum Youth Camp or Velocity Boys/Blaze Girls Camp. Parents can choose the experience that is the best fit for their child. We do have
some children in this age group attend both
Velocity Boys/Blaze Girls Camp and Momentum
- Simultaneous Girls & Boys Camps
Traditionally Blaze Girls Camp and Velocity Boys Camp were conducted during separate weeks of the summer. For summer 2014, we made a strategic decision to
conduct both camps simultaneously and offer two sessions of children's camps. Our goal was to make summer scheduling easier for parents and churches. Each week we conducted Blaze and Velocity
separately- the only common elements being meals and worship. Simultaneous camps were successful! We received positive feedback from families, churches, and Friendship Camps staff. We are
excited to continue offering simultaneous Girls and Boys Camp! Parents can choose to send all their 2nd - 6th-grade children to camp during the same week.
2021 UPDATE: Due to Covid issues we have returned to the traditional format of separate Boys and Girls camps. We hope that by doing
this we will be able to actually serve more children this summer by utilizing our facilities for the greatest capacity and still maintain safe distancing in our cabins. We plan to return to
simultaneous camps in the future.
- Optional Friendship Day Camp Extended Session
For summer 2021, we will offer an optional extended session. Parents can choose to pick-up their day camper from 11:45 - 12:00 pm, or choose a longer day camp
experience and pick-up their child from 3:45 - 4:00.